Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A woman's hands

This is my best friend, Anna and her mom, Marsha. Anna and I have been best friends since we were in-utero. Growing up, I got to hear Marsha teaching her kids and others how to play the piano. The last few years, my kids have been blessed to have Anna teach them piano. I could listen to Anna play all day. It's one of my favorite things in the world. Last year after a piano recital, I couldn't pass up taking these pictures of Anna and Marsha playing together. I love looking at their hands and thinking of the good and bad times that those hands have been through. When they play together, it is like magic. These are some of my favorite pictures, but probably because of what those hands mean to me. I am so lucky to have people like Anna and Marsha in my life.




No comments: